Chemical Plant in Orangeburg, SC in Need of HSE and Quality Assurance Supervisor. Send resume to: email@example.com; 843-224-5796.
Pay $18-22/hour –Temp-Perm. Full benefits package available after hire.
- Plan-Promote a Zero Injury Safety Culture: Provide leadership and coaching to grow the leadership team, plant operations, plant safety committee, and EHS direct reports, to create a workplace free of recognized hazards, promote safe work behaviors, and foster a lean safety culture that keeps the safety of employees a business value.
- Do- Standards, Technical Guidance: Grows EHS and operation team in the deployment, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of the Quality Assurance and Environmental Health and Safety programs, ensuring compliance with federal, state, local regulatory and Customers requirements.
- Check- Audit Process: Manage and implement controls to monitor progress of QA and EHS continuous improvement and compliance for the site. Leverage the data and findings to implement true root cause corrective actions. Grow efforts to minimize any legal regulatory activity from government authorities or Customer Requirements
- Act- Training: Implement training strategies and course curriculum to advance the knowledge of the team including ISO 9000 and advancing Lean EHS between others. Reviews and approves raw materials and finished product specifications.
- Act- Risk Mitigation: Maintain 100% compliance as a foundation and advance to grow the QA and EHS culture to “Find and Eliminate Waste”, “”Improve Customer Satisfaction” tactically implement opportunities for to continuously improve environmental programs in the areas of pollution abatement, environmental and waste water management and to identify ways to minimize processes that affect employee safety and the environment. Implement improvement processes to improve Product Quality, reduce Customer complaints and Improve Customer Satisfaction. Reviews and approves Non- Conformance Reports.
- Manages the review of batch records and associated documentation for release of finished product(s). Ensures that all necessary documentation for release of product is completed, all deviations are resolved, and all specifications have been met prior to release of any product.
- Plan-Project Management: Partner with team to ensure regulatory compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulatory requirements, and life safety risks are adequately managed for normal operation, plant shutdowns (planned and unplanned), and new capital investments. Effectively coach the implementation of change management. Implement Good Manufacturing Processes and Best Practices
- Plan-Key Performance Indicators: Provide guidance, interpretation and verification for KPI’s. Perform analysis of data (including behaviors, near miss and first aid cases) to identify trends and set targets in alignment with Corporate Goals, and develop proactive action plans / programs based on pareto analyses to improve performance.
- Manage PPE acquisition and AED and first aid supplies (related vendor relationships) and usage
- Primary responsible party (PRP) / liaison with outside regulatory, Insurance Carrier as needed and Third Party Auditors.
- Collect data and prepare external environmental reports (e.g., OSHA, EPA, SC DHEC, Insurance Carrier, ISO, Third Party Auditors) as necessary and support responses to governmental agency requests for information on present and past environmental activities.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Position Responsibilities- Non-Essential/Other
- Performs other related duties and other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- 5 years Health, Safety & Environmental , Quality Assurance & Quality Control Experience.
- Experience with OSHA, Licenses and Operating Permits, PSM, Risk Management, Management of Change, Waste Disposal, ISO 9000 and other quality Systems
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Specialized knowledge and successful track record in the design, implementation, and monitoring of critical EHS programs including those associated with air emissions, auditing, emergency planning, incident investigation, pollution control, spill response, wastewater treatment, waste management, SPCC, TRI reporting and general chemical management.