The primary function of this role is to coordinate all aspects of the plant Health and Safety efforts. These duties are to ensure a safe work environment for all MAHLE Behr employees while maintaining compliance with all ISO14001 guidelines, and safety-related legal requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain Health and Safety policies, procedures, and programs to comply with MAHLE Behr, OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations.
- Respond to and facilitate investigations for all incidents and near misses, assisting with identification of root causes, and driving implementation of corrective actions.
- Organize position-specific safety and health training programs.
- Manage and conduct PIV Training for the site.
- Review new machinery, equipment, and plant layout changes to ensure a proactive safety approach.
- Monitor occupational health and industrial hygiene activities including air sampling, noise measurements, etc.
- Conduct safety and health audits
- Organize ergonomic assessments and job hazard analysis for all areas.
- Ensure appropriate personal protective equipment is available for employees.
- Facilitate visitor/contractor expectations pertaining to plant safety.
- Maintain safety files and records.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree and a minimum of 3-5 years experience working in Environmental, Health and Safety. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001) and/or Health & Safety Management Systems (OHSAS18001/ISO45001) preferred.
- Basic knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental and safety regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and interpret metal rule.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must regularly wear Personal Protective Equipment. The employee is frequently required to understand and comply with work directions and discriminate amongst various potential safety hazards. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee should possess the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, this employee regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.